sprocket tooth number and kickstand?

jdager

Apr 26, 2008
Hey all,
I am looking to make my new (to me) 97 kx125 into a little better of a trail bike, as I like to putt around through the woods but dont have the guts to go tearing through there yet to keep the RPMS high, as I have only had the bike for about a week and it is my first dirt bike experience. anyway, I was looking to make the bike a little better at getting around at low speeds, and climbing hills. I have herd about flywheel weights, and changing the tooth numers on the sprockets. mine stock is 13/50. would changing it down to a 12 tooth front help, or should I increase the rear size, or are there any other good mods to do? also, are there any good, and reasonably priced, aftermarket kickstands?
thanks from a newbe.
Jim

tnutcher

Jan 10, 2008
I know moose racing makes a kickstand that clamps onto the swingarm - good thing is its cheap but bad thing is it's cheap also - it gets in the way when the spring falls off. Dennis Kirk i believe sells one that has an internal spring and seems to be very well built! But for a little more money. I used to have one on my past cr125 and then tried it on my rm250 i now have but it just got in the way and Now i ride to the nearest tree haha.

Gearing change would help give the bike more mechanical advantage down low and less cruising speed overall. - like a truck with 4.10's vs one with 3.54's. Not sure how much it will help out though
TNutcher

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom